Best CLINICAL Anatomy Textbook for NBME Style Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VitaminDD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to get an opinions from those who finished anatomy (MS2+). I'm looking at NBME or STEP style questions.

Our class uses Moore's Essential Clinical Anatomy, but it comes up really short on a lot of the more complicated clinical application questions. I'm looking at the following books (more suggestions are welcome):

Goldberg - Clinical Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple.
Netter - Clinical Anatomy
Standring - Gray's Anatomy

If anyone has an opinion on a different study method as well, let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Clinical Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple is not a textbook.

Most people's textbook in the United States is Moore and Dalley's Clinically Oriented Anatomy or Gray's Anatomy for Students:
51Dgt5BSA1L.jpg
51AJNPY%2BWDL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply Dermviser. I was actually looking for something "supplemental" to my main textbooks. I'm using Netter for gross and Moore for basic clinical, but I was hoping that there was a good book or textbook to augment the clinical applications of anatomy (Hence the Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple).

I'm looking for something similar to the "USMLE Step 1 Secrets" book that goes over various diseases and disorders through both a clinical and bioscientific lens. Any thoughts?

Clinical Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple is not a textbook.

Most people's textbook in the United States is Moore and Dalley's Clinically Oriented Anatomy or Gray's Anatomy for Students:
51Dgt5BSA1L.jpg
51AJNPY%2BWDL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thanks for the reply Dermviser. I was actually looking for something "supplemental" to my main textbooks. I'm using Netter for gross and Moore for basic clinical, but I was hoping that there was a good book or textbook to augment the clinical applications of anatomy (Hence the Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple).

I'm looking for something similar to the "USMLE Step 1 Secrets" book that goes over various diseases and disorders through both a clinical and bioscientific lens. Any thoughts?
If you're looking for Anatomy with clinical correlations in a textbook, Moore and Dalley's has many "blue boxes" that have this information. Since, however, you're looking for a review book, not a textbook - in that case BRS Gross Anatomy is pretty good as that also has clinical correlations. Case Files Gross Anatomy or Gray's Anatomy for Students are good questions resources to get used to case based clinical application thinking and clinical vignettes.