Best Companies to Consolidate with

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by dharmabum7, May 4, 2004.

1. dharmabum7

dharmabum7 Allergy Imm Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Do any of you guys have any suggestions as to whats the best company to consolidate with. I was thinking of using Medloans (Sally Mae) but are they the best people out there?

Thanks.

2. tlew12778

tlew12778 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I consolidated my student loans through Sallie Mae and I really like working with them. Every now and then you will get an incompetent customer service rep., but you can just call back or ask to speak to someone else. I found their interest rate to be the most economical (bc they capitalize interest at the end of the month), plus I really love the ease of their online loan management service.

3. IsoGirl2707

IsoGirl2707 Member
    7+ Year Member

I think I am going to go with Sallie Mae myself because they offer more incentives for ontime payment. Direct Loans only gives you a 0.25% discount if you do electronic debit to pay your payments, but this is something that most everyone offers. And they don't offer any other incentives. I only know about Sallie Mae and Direct Loans. I would be interested to know if anyone has used T.H.E. Northstar specifically and what they thought of their program?