Best Companies to Consolidate with

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dharmabum7

Allergy Imm Attending
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any suggestions as to whats the best company to consolidate with. I was thinking of using Medloans (Sally Mae) but are they the best people out there?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I consolidated my student loans through Sallie Mae and I really like working with them. Every now and then you will get an incompetent customer service rep., but you can just call back or ask to speak to someone else. I found their interest rate to be the most economical (bc they capitalize interest at the end of the month), plus I really love the ease of their online loan management service.

I think I am going to go with Sallie Mae myself because they offer more incentives for ontime payment. Direct Loans only gives you a 0.25% discount if you do electronic debit to pay your payments, but this is something that most everyone offers. And they don't offer any other incentives. I only know about Sallie Mae and Direct Loans. I would be interested to know if anyone has used T.H.E. Northstar specifically and what they thought of their program?