Best EM Magazine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD Dreams

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you guys recommend a good EM magazine for a fourth year med student. Something not too technical, but informative at the same time. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a second year medical student and read the Annals of Emergency Medicine and Academic Emergency Medicine.

Both are very readable and way more interesting than JAMA. You can get them if you become a member of ACEP and SAEM respectively.

Maxim used to be good but has gone down hill quite a bit over the past years. Personally I am a big fan of Relix but to each their own.... if I had to pick the best EM magazine out there I would be pissed at having to fulfill such a silly assingment and then I would just cop out and say Mad.
Hope that helps :D

colforbinMD said:
Maxim used to be good but has gone down hill quite a bit over the past years. Personally I am a big fan of Relix but to each their own.... if I had to pick the best EM magazine out there I would be pissed at having to fulfill such a silly assingment and then I would just cop out and say Mad.
Hope that helps :D

I think that you might be on to something that will probably overtake the EM forums. MAD: the top peer-reviewed EM journal.

Both Annals and AEM are pretty technical. As are all journals.
www.emedmag.com might fit what you are wanting, but I don't think I would want to read that in front of anyone.