best/favorite Thanksgiving foods??!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only homemade cranberry sauce. The stuff from a can is disgusting!

au contraire! I love the stuff. And of course the the cheese ravioli before the turkey, ham and walnuts....

Members don't see this ad.

can't wait for the creamy 4 cheese mac and cheese or the candied yams with marshmallows and cherries...

for dessert definitely the warm sweet potato pie with vanilla ice cream....

Members don't see this ad :)
Turkey anus anyone? My favorite. :p Oh and with a side of mashed tators w/ gravy and stuffing. :smuggrin:

I'm staying in the dorms for thanksgiving so I probably won't have anything close to the lavish meals that everyone is describing :(

My favorites are definitely turnips, creamed spinach, sweet potato pie, and the cranberry jello mold. I'm so excited for dinner tomorrow!

Also: key lime pie beats lemon meringue any day of the week. ;)

pumpkin pie-done

this caused my obsession with all things pumpkin, making the fall my favorite (and probably most unhealthy) season...Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, and i just discovered how to make pumpkin brownies with my girlfriend....unreal
sounds amazing

Pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream is the winner

Blah. Stove top? Seriously, "out of the box" stuffing on Thanksgiving?

you know it..my mom makes the homemade and i have to go buy a box of the stovetop for myself..she wont have it..ha. it is unreal though, so delicious.

epic first post :thumbup:

thank you :) i got sick of thinking about studying..and I loveee cooking and eating..my wife is very appreciative of my cooking skills. If I don't get into med school...culinary school here i come!! :D

So far these are the pie preferences:
pumpkin pie 5
pecan pie 2
apple pie 2
sweet potato pie 2
dutch apple pie 1
lemon meringue 1
cherry pie 1
key lime pie 1

Pumpkin
24741.jpg

Pecan
pecan-pie-pm-000024-1.jpg

Apple
apple-pie-ck-709820-l.jpg

Sweet Potato
SweetPotatoPi.jpeg

Dutch Apple
pe-pie.jpg

Lemon meringue
lemon-meringue-pie_1548.jpg

Cherry
sr0101_cherrypie_e.jpg

Key lime
Key-lime-pie.jpg

They all look so beautiful

corn bread stuffing + Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce (I usually like all natural stuff, but I love this junk!)

tied for a close second is pumpkin and sweet potato pie

Hmm, also love some sweet potatoes and the mac n' cheese

There's a reason I just don't eat the days preceding Thanksgiving ;)

nice on the pie count!

but still, pecan is the best!

this year at my house we're having pecan, pumpkin, apple, caramel cheesecake, and a berry mix pie (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and blackbery....mmmmmm YEAHHHHH boiiiiii

I've never had sweet potato pie... :confused: I'm somewhat intrigued.

I'm appalled people are choosing pumpkin pie over apple pie... :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:!

1 slice of pumpkin pie + 1 slice of pecan pie + vanilla ice cream = Nap time.

1 slice of pumpkin pie + 1 slice of pecan pie + vanilla ice cream = Nap time.

amen. well add football while sleepin on the couch.

everybody ready to see the cowboys stomp on the raiders today???!