Best Fit - Out of State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sensibleshrike

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I recently completed my application and I am looking for some advice for schools that would be a good fit for me out of state. I started a "Chance Me" forum with my information and it got little to no feedback.

Therefore, I am taking a new angle at this, I have already applied for all of the Texas schools (I am a Texas resident). I am wondering if anyone would be able to give me 3-5 out of state schools that would be a good fit for my statistics. I am looking for colleges that take a reasonably high amount of out of state students while at the same time keeping out of state tuition low (ex: NOT NYU). Please let me know what you think and which schools would be worth giving a shot, in advance, thank you so much!

oGPA: 3.73
sGPA: 3.59
bcpGPA: 3.62
Undergrad: University of Oklahoma - Biology Major (Honors College)
DAT: 23 PA - 21 QR - 22 RC - 20 Bio - 19 GC - 21 OC - 20 TS - 21 AA
Extracurricular: Rugby Team, VP of Fraternity, President's Cabinet of Student Government Association, Executive member of University charity
Shadowing: ~ 150 general practice
LoR: 2 Honors Professors, 1 Dentist, 1 employer
Professional Goals: Not too interested in specializing, want to own a high patient volume general practice in the Dallas area
Submitted TMDSAS: July 11 (app still processing) - TMDSAS app opened on May 1st
State of Residence: Texas

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I recently completed my application and I am looking for some advice for schools that would be a good fit for me out of state. I started a "Chance Me" forum with my information and it got little to no feedback.

Therefore, I am taking a new angle at this, I have already applied for all of the Texas schools (I am a Texas resident). I am wondering if anyone would be able to give me 3-5 out of state schools that would be a good fit for my statistics. I am looking for colleges that take a reasonably high amount of out of state students while at the same time keeping out of state tuition low (ex: NOT NYU). Please let me know what you think and which schools would be worth giving a shot, in advance, thank you so much!

Extracurricular: Rugby Team, VP of Fraternity, President's Cabinet of Student Government Association, Executive member of University charity
Professional Goals: Not too interested in specializing, want to own a high patient volume general practice in the Dallas area
You will probably again get little to no feedback. This is something you need to research and figure out yourself. An easy way for you to start is proximity to your current residence. If you really are set on having a high patient volume practice in the Dallas area, then base the schools you apply to on going back to Dallas.

People aren't going to do this research for you. They may suggest a school or two, but you need to be the one to ultimately search for schools. Schools have their tuition and projected tuition on their websites. You just need to figure it out yourself and put it down on paper.

I do applaud your want to measure up schools against each other based on tuition. Most pre-dents are so lazy that they come to the conclusion "if a school accepts me, it doesn't matter how much it costs. When I get out, I'll make enough money to pay it back. It's all expensive, therefore, I won't worry about the money right now. I'll just deal with it when I'm done with school."

Anyway, make a spreadsheet and find the schools that are in states that border Texas. List between 5-10, and then go to each schools respective website and find their average scores of their most recent class, as well as the prices and whatever else you think you need to compare.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
You will probably again get little to no feedback. This is something you need to research and figure out yourself. An easy way for you to start is proximity to your current residence. If you really are set on having a high patient volume practice in the Dallas area, then base the schools you apply to on going back to Dallas.

People aren't going to do this research for you. They may suggest a school or two, but you need to be the one to ultimately search for schools. Schools have their tuition and projected tuition on their websites. You just need to figure it out yourself and put it down on paper.

I do applaud your want to measure up schools against each other based on tuition. Most pre-dents are so lazy that they come to the conclusion "if a school accepts me, it doesn't matter how much it costs. When I get out, I'll make enough money to pay it back. It's all expensive, therefore, I won't worry about the money right now. I'll just deal with it when I'm done with school."

Anyway, make a spreadsheet and find the schools that are in states that border Texas. List between 5-10, and then go to each schools respective website and find their average scores of their most recent class, as well as the prices and whatever else you think you need to compare.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)

The hard part is getting started. Here's a list to get you running.
OOS Friendly Schools List from ADEA Guide

Reactions: 1 user