Best Hospitals to work at as Pharmacist in Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gopher<3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey team!

I was hoping people would share which hospitals in MN they have enjoyed working at as a pharmacist at and why.
I have heard that Regions, Abbott, and South dale have great opportunities and benefits with good pay and relaxing work.

Please share your experiences as I enter the hospital pharmacy realm!
I am a U of M pharmacy student and would love to hear your advice!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'll ask a counterquestion as an assurance that you're U of M, can you identify for me who the crazy pharmacist is in Boynton or the crabby professor who teaches the laboratory (since you have to be first year or later)? PM me with your answer, and I'll give you an insider sincere one. I do not recommend you ask Todd that question as he has a residency to sell you (I believe that there are good reasons to take his residency, but it's not an objective opinion).

The public for the forum answer is that it's more a professional personality match, and between:
Allina, HCMC, Fairview, the Feds (VA, IHS, BoP), and Park Nicollet, it has a lot to do with your personality and your belief/disbelief in certain kinds of work that fits you for one or more of them. In general, the hardcore Pharmaceutical Care sorts probably do better at Fairview, the Feds, and HCMC, and the more operational people prefer Allina and Park Nicollet. The MS administration bound ones need to pick Fairview. You do have to overcome some prejudices about not competency, but attitude. Depending on the year, it seems that U of M graduates some real pieces of work at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey team!

I was hoping people would share which hospitals in MN they have enjoyed working at as a pharmacist at and why.
I have heard that Regions, Abbott, and South dale have great opportunities and benefits with good pay and relaxing work.

Thanks

Define relaxing work.