Best jobs for pre med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nycpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm finishing up my semester in college and want to work at a hospital during the summer and the rest of the year, but unfortunately I am finding it extremely difficult to get a job here where I live in NYC. Right now my only experience is in retail and some hospital volunteer experience, but I wanted to do something that was medical related simply because I would enjoy working in this type of setting and would love to be closer to working with the doctors. I've applied to numerous hospitals for positions that matched my qualifications and didn't require much experience such as lab aide, nutrition assistant, and others just to get my foot in the door, but so far no success. Also I've looked into training programs such as nurse's aide training but many of these programs are way too expensive and I just can't afford them. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Sorry this was so long but I'm just so desperate at this point. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.