Best Locum Tenens group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

po' boy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have info about the different locum tenens groups out there, especially which ones folks have had good/bad experiences with? Specifically interested in Weatherby and Vista Staffing, but welcome any info. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I moonlighted for ECI in residency and had good experiences. The staff was in MI but I was working in GA and always had speedy responses to emails and calls, even when I was no longer working for them but had questions on forms at tax time (their accountant even called me back quickly). The reimbursement was better as a resident than I make when I work extra hours for my academic big-city group now as a board certified attending (the laws of supply and demand at work I guess.) I didn't specifically work locums but at a single site, however, they do set people up for locums as well. ECI arranged for a local hotel if we stayed in the town to work several shifts in a row as well.

best of luck!