Best mattress. Best pillow.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know you get asked this question all the time. Any pillow connoisseurs here?

I like a memory foam pillow with a gel inset so every side is the cool side.

Latex mattresses are more comfortable than memory foam and don’t get as hot.

Members don't see this ad.

I always suggest Sleep Number beds and never had anyone complain. They are adjustable, hypoallergenic and very light. Pillows - never had a feeling for best pillow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buckwheat pillow. Very adjustable. Thousands of years old technology. Love mine. Even reviewed by Consumer Reports. Good for back and side sleeper more than belly I’d say as it doesn’t flatten like soft pillows. Amazon has tons.

My pillow. Hands down the only pillow i use

My pillow. Hands down the only pillow i use
If i slept like a baby i still would never use mypillow. For obvious reasons.

This is so subjective. Best option for patients is that we dont have an opinion

Reactions: 1 user
I've never had anyone find the right pillow (except the MAGA love for mypillow). I encourage patients to shop somewhere that has numerous options with a 60+ day warranty. There's an adjustment period.

I really liked the sleep number. The dual chambers for different preferences seems great, but my wife didn't like it. Therefore, we have a sleep number in the spare room.

Shredded memory foam pillows. There’s a few out there. Hybrid mattresses with memory foam and gel underneath.

A lot goes into what makes a mattress work for someone. I always look at the bedding when we visit hotels since they put a lot of thought into what will work for large numbers of guests and be durable. I think weight, sleeping habits, and body shape are probably the most important factors. The whole idea is that the body is not contorted, but supported in all the right areas. That's going to vary a lot between people, but most fit into the medium-firm category.

Personally I'm a side sleeper around 195 lbs with a bit more lordosis than average. I hate mattresses that are too firm because they force my hips up causing a pressure point and aggravation of my piriformis. Softer works for me- but not without decent lumbar support. Otherwise my back flexes and that causes pain. We bought a medium soft Kluft years ago and that was great, but recently replaced it with a soft Winkbed. So far it's been two nights and the jury is still out. My sleep app says I'm making less noise. The bed definitely feels hotter than the Kluft, which I don't like. It might be the supplied Wink mattress protector though. We can return it in 30 days if it doesn't work out. A few of the hotels we stayed at and liked the bedding used various incarnations of the Beautyrest.

For pillows I've always been a fan of the Pacific Coast luxury pillow. I see they don't sell that exact model anymore, but it was expensive and 100% down. Every now and then they would have a huge sale and I'd buy a bunch.

Last edited:
We got a Tuft & Needle Mint about 5 years ago. Even if we're staying at a very nice hotel, I still end up missing my mattress from home. Best bed I've ever slept on.

I have to find the reference; but a neural height pillow avoiding hyper extension/flexion and lateral flexion. Any orthopedic mattress with the patient educated to pursue a non-fetal nocturnal position ...

A bed is any piece of furniture that’s used as a comfortable place to sleep, lie down, or engage in other activities. Beds are commonly made of wood, although metal and fiberglass beds are also available. The bed is usually a place where people go to lay down and get the required much-needed relaxation. Beds are often used by people to either stay for the night or to a sleepover. There are many different types of beds, all of which have their own benefits and drawbacks.