Best MCAT Prep Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tzehra_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know theres a million posts that are about the same topic but I seriously cannot go through them all and tally up which the best prep book is... SO can you guys give me some advice?

What is the best prep book for each subject? I understand that some books are better than others in different subjects?

I feel like I will definitely buy EK as a supplementation because I heard that they succinctly tell you exactly how the test will be. But what should I buy to study the content? I heard Berkeley Review is really good but last I checked they only have the Biology books updated for the new MCAT. I guess I'm stuck between TPR and Kaplan.
And also what offers the best practice at passages?

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

The ideal thing to do is to do passages from a variety of sources as each source has their own relative weaknesses and strengths. For content review itself, it depends on your goals. TBR seems overwhelming to the average person but may be ideal for people who want very high scores. Examkrackers is very succinct but may not be great for people who have deficiencies in certain topics to begin with; if you are still very familiar with the content, then EK can be a great refresher (plus it has 30-minute exams for each chapter). Kaplan and TPR are more detailed and are probably pretty similar in utility for most people.

Oh okay, thank you! Also do you know which books have passages that are closest to the MCAT ones?

Members don't see this ad :)
Woah.... You're a goddess mcatjelly. I seen your schedule... mind me asking what you got on the MCAT?

Ugh, I don't, but you'll find out I'm no goddess in actuality...

I got a 508, with a breakdown of 125/130/125/128. The majority of people with practice scores in C/P and B/B that were similar to mine did much better in those sections, so I clearly messed up with those. :(

I got a 508, with a breakdown of 125/130/125/128. The majority of people with practice scores in C/P and B/B that were similar to mine did much better in those sections, so I clearly messed up with those. :(

Awhhh well thats still not too bad .. only 20 away from a perfect score! :happy: You're study schedule is by far the most convenient one I've seen so a million thanks!!

SHE! SHE!

Damn. You know I had a 30 second debate with myself on what gender pronun I was gonna use? Should have just gone he/she but being PC is lame. On occasion I kick it oldschool; every pronoun is masculine. Use "men" to refer to human beings. All that ****.

Lol you're still on about that? I'm sorry! "Let the data speak for itself," right?

Awhhh well thats still not too bad .. only 20 away from a perfect score! :happy: You're study schedule is by far the most convenient one I've seen so a million thanks!!

You are quite welcome. :)

Damn. You know I had a 30 second debate with myself on what gender pronun I was gonna use? Should have just gone he/she but being PC is lame. On occasion I kick it oldschool; every pronoun is masculine. Use "men" to refer to human beings. All that ****.

Hahaha. You've never considered "they"? As a bearer of the XX chromosomes I default to that pronoun since NOT ALL HUMAN BEINGS ARE MEN. But I'm 0% offended.

Lol you're still on about that? I'm sorry! "Let the data speak for itself," right?

Not my fault, you started it. :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve checked a lot of books and even purchased some, but find them of little use. They are all too general and do not help unless you simply have never taken science courses. I would recommend UWorld MCAT app, it gives you realistic test questions and really good explanations of the concepts you need to know.

Kaplan 7 set subject book + their online passages + KA passages will easily be enough for content review buy the TPR for psych/soc. Finish content review ASAP then start FL's. Buy all ten of NS and do them, you can break them up into sectional tests if you want then do all AAMC stuff.