Sep 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone!

I'm not taking the MCAT until the spring of 2019. But I want to start thinking about prepping for the test to help me score high. What is everyone's opinion on the best MCAT prep company? I know there are many to chose from. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Its a vibe thing. Your best bet is to try and get a sample of each bio book and choose your series from whichever you feel is most optimal for you. Kaplan, TPR, TBR, EK, and KA have all been used by test takers, and to great success.

If you want some general advice:
Use the search function!

Reactions: BerkReviewTeach

In my opinion, Berkeley Review for all of the sciences except BIO and PSYCH/SOCIOLOGY. For psychology sociology, I would use the 300 page KA document, along with the videos. KA psychology passages and EK 101 Psychology and Sociology passages. For Biology, I would use examkrackers biology books 1 and 2.

Reactions: MCATKINGS
About the Ads

tutorthepeople

Customized tutoring and test prep
Vendor
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2013
Internet
tutorthepeople.com
Status
Pre-health Advisor
Congrats on taking the initiative to get a headstart! TBR books are extensive and are a great resource for content mastery. I would recommend using these materials to brush up on all of the content. Next year as you begin to get closer to your test date, you can start practice, practice, practice! Your performance on practice tests will diagnose which areas need more attention. At that time you could start working with a MCAT professional to brush up in those areas.

Reactions: BerkReviewTeach

BerkReviewTeach

Company Rep & Bad Singer
Vendor
10+ Year Member
May 25, 2007
Its a vibe thing.
That sums it up so well! No set of books is perfect for everyone, and as reading here at SDN will show you, the best results are often obtained from a mixture of materials form two or three different sources.

About the Ads