Best MCAT Prep Course. . . . . for my situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CantStop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's a question that's asked often, but I wanted some help (please) specific to my situation. Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm taking Orgo II and Anatomy and Physiology I during the Spring 2012 semester, and I want to take the MCAT in May (like May 20). I also want to take a prep course during that time, since I think I do better in a structured environment, instead of just doing it on my own. I'm not sure which one to take for my situation, though. I've heard that EK is good, but their class seems longer than others. Princeton Review seems just as long, but they concentrate things on Saturday, which might be better for my schedule. Unfortunately, I've heard bad things about Kaplan, but I want you guys' advice. Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a Kaplan Advanced class and it's okay but I mostly am just using it for the FLs and AAMCs. The classes aren't that helpful, although I have great instructors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a Kaplan Advanced class and it's okay but I mostly am just using it for the FLs and AAMCs. The classes aren't that helpful, although I have great instructors.
music2doc, if you're using Kaplan for the full lengths and AAMCs, are you using other books for review and studying?

music2doc, if you're using Kaplan for the full lengths and AAMCs, are you using other books for review and studying?

Yeah, I've been using the TBR books. I have the Kaplan ones and the EK ones, so I use both for a quick brush-up on areas that I am weaker in and need from another perspective. I definitely recommend getting the TBR books if you're using Kaplan. What they've taught me has made all the difference, I think.

Yeah, I've been using the TBR books. I have the Kaplan ones and the EK ones, so I use both for a quick brush-up on areas that I am weaker in and need from another perspective. I definitely recommend getting the TBR books if you're using Kaplan. What they've taught me has made all the difference, I think.
Thanks, that sounds exactly like what I am hoping to do. It's good to see, you're able to include TBR into your studying with Kaplan, as I was afraid I would not have time to read TBR material while following the Kaplan classes. :thumbup: