Best MCAT retake date for solid chance this application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When is the best MCAT date to retake?

• 6/21

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 7/2

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 7/12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7/24

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aakashp127

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just completed my junior year in college going onto my senior year. I took my MCAT last summer in August and scored 28 (PS: 12, V: 6, BS: 10). Yes I know that 6 looks horrible :scared:

My GPA so far is a 3.488 which should rise due to a grading error to at least a 3.5 which is average, no great. I am planning on applying this cycle as early as possible but I also need to retake the MCAT. My advisor told me July 2nd would be the best date, but I have also heard I should aim for the end of June and can even do mid-July. I was wondering when would be the best time to retake my MCAT and still have a good shot at getting into possible a low-tier MD school? I also need a solid amount of time just for practice exams and reviewing all my material.

I have about a month to study if I aim for end of June. I know my only weakness is verbal which I plan on practicing like crazy for, and I know I can always improve on PS and BS

June Dates: 6/21
July Dates: 7/2, 7/12, 7/24

THANK YOU :)

Members don't see this ad.

It really just depends on how much time YOU need to restudy for it. I was told by my advisor to take it at the end of July but the realization of only 2 months to study didnt settle well so I pushed it back to August 7. I also met with the dean of the medical school where I am waitlisted and he told me it doesn't matter when I take it and just to decide how much time it would take me to feel comfortable taking it again.