Best MCAT Strategy and Plan at this point - Urgent please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ttt92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like some advice. I am planning to take the MCAT this coming September. I have taken all my pre-reqs except for Physics and Biochem. I also wanted to take Physio for the MCAT.

My plan was to take: Physics II, Physio this semester, sit in on Biochem lectures but not take the course.
Physics I and study for MCAT in the summer
Take MCAT in September

However, I am nervous about not having Biochem. I was going to take Biochem, Physics II, and Physio this semester but was strongly advised against doing so as it will really hurt my GPA if I don't pull it off.

My question: How important is Biochem and is it more important than Physio?

OR Should I do this instead? Take Physics II, Biochem now
Study MCAT in the summer, Take Physics I
Take Physio in the fall, and take MCAT in January?

I'm very nervous about pushing MCAT back because I want the full summer to study. I also have a lot of research and an honors thesis on my plate in the fall and don't want to mess that up. I'm nervous about the BS section, because the last time I took Basic Bio was in high school and I've heard Biochem is so good. I've taken Genetics and an Embryology course. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'd like some advice. I am planning to take the MCAT this coming September. I have taken all my pre-reqs except for Physics and Biochem. I also wanted to take Physio for the MCAT.

My plan was to take: Physics II, Physio this semester, sit in on Biochem lectures but not take the course.
Physics I and study for MCAT in the summer
Take MCAT in September

However, I am nervous about not having Biochem. I was going to take Biochem, Physics II, and Physio this semester but was strongly advised against doing so as it will really hurt my GPA if I don't pull it off.

My question: How important is Biochem and is it more important than Physio?

OR Should I do this instead? Take Physics II, Biochem now
Study MCAT in the summer, Take Physics I
Take Physio in the fall, and take MCAT in January?

I'm very nervous about pushing MCAT back because I want the full summer to study. I also have a lot of research and an honors thesis on my plate in the fall and don't want to mess that up. I'm nervous about the BS section, because the last time I took Basic Bio was in high school and I've heard Biochem is so good. I've taken Genetics and an Embryology course. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!

You don't need biochem. Physio is better.

Physics II before physics I? Interesting...

Good catch. While Physics II before Physics I may be possible, sometimes professors may assume you have had physics 1 and draw concepts from it to teach you the physics 2 concepts. For example, they may say something like "similarly to how gravitational force works, you can see that the electrostatic force behaves indirectly to the distance of the charges." Then move on, thinking he could use that extra time savings to cover something else.