Best Mcat Verbal Book Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stifler

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay here is the spin down on me. i suck at verbal 650 on sat's. It will be my worse section on the mcats regardless of how hard I try, so I want to max my score by practicing as much as possible, im a freshmen in college now and im almost done with my premed requirements, I just need a year of orgo, so might as well start prepping for verbal section this summer..

can someone give me suggestions that aren't too hard, but realistic, and interesting? like i get discouraged easily so dont suggest books that are harder than the exam and make me think ill get a 3 or 4 on the exam to discourage me.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

stifler said:
okay here is the spin down on me. i suck at verbal 650 on sat's. It will be my worse section on the mcats regardless of how hard I try, so I want to max my score by practicing as much as possible, im a freshmen in college now and im almost done with my premed requirements, I just need a year of orgo, so might as well start prepping for verbal section this summer..

can someone give me suggestions that aren't too hard, but realistic, and interesting? like i get discouraged easily so dont suggest books that are harder than the exam and make me think ill get a 3 or 4 on the exam to discourage me.

thanks!
I think the examkrackers verbal workbook is the best. I'm sure many people will agree.

I did the entire ExamKrackers series and I found all the books to be beneficial--except the verbal book. At the beginning the book has a very nice math/general MCAT review which I would recommend, but the verbal tips they gave me didn't really help. I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me...just my opinion.

I don't have a recommendation for a verbal book, since I only took the MCAT once and used ExamKrackers.

the EK verbal book was great for me.