Best Naplex Review Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay04002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this questions is probably been asked here but I am just gonna ask again because I didnt find it on my own. Sorry
I am a 4th year pharmacy student and wanted to start studying for my Naplex exam during the Xmas break... and I was wondering what is the best material I should use to study? I have the Apha book and I read on other websites that it's a good book but goes too much into details. Some also said that Prontopass is the best and others said RxPrep is the best... I dont know which one to buy..,
Please help me if you can.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Review Books- APHA and Remington.
Maths- Stoklosa.
Practice tests- Rx prep and chasenaplex.

Members don't see this ad :)
The APhA book worked great for me. I also found electronic flash cards for the top 100-200 drugs on the internet just to study brand/generic. I would focus a large portion of time on the math chapter. Good luck!

Hey there, is brand/generic a big portion of the test? It's all incorporated into the questions, right? As in brand and generic are used interchangeably to refer to a drug?

Also, are there a lot of dosing questions where you are required to know mg/kg of a drug? Dosing is my weakest point. :(

Hey there, is brand/generic a big portion of the test? It's all incorporated into the questions, right? As in brand and generic are used interchangeably to refer to a drug?

Also, are there a lot of dosing questions where you are required to know mg/kg of a drug? Dosing is my weakest point. :(

Yes, brand/generic names are a big deal. I would at least know the top 250 drug generic/brand names cold.

Oh thanx! Funny!
I meant the materials.
Does anyone have a copy of the new Rxprep 2011 or 2010???

Hey all, I have an APhA book and the prontopass set-up from 2010 that I bought from a classmate.... would it still be sufficient to use as study aids for this years NAPLEX??
Thanks in advance!

Hey all, I have an APhA book and the prontopass set-up from 2010 that I bought from a classmate.... would it still be sufficient to use as study aids for this years NAPLEX??
Thanks in advance!

I'm sure you could get away with that, but it would be risky. Also, you would definitely need to brush up on new drugs/guidelines that have come out since the release of that guide. The diabetes guidelines come to mind first.

I'm in the mindset where I feel that after spending so much on pharmacy school these last 4 years, what is another $50-150 to spend on the most up to date review materials for the Naplex? It's a drop of water in the bucket.

Thanks in advance!

the 2010 version was probably created in 2009 so you are almost 2 years behind.