Best NBME to do two weeks prior to exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

averyrule88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my exam two weeks from tomorrow. I already took NBME #12 last Monday and scored a 214. My goal is a 230 or higher. I plan on taking another NBME tomorrow and then my last NBME a week from Monday (a week before the exam). I was wondering which other NBME exams to take and in what order? I've heard from certain people on here that #s 7 and #11 are the hardest in addition to #12 so would these be best to do (and if so in what order) or am I better doing an exam like #13 since it's the most recent? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't really matter. I would do 11&13 because they are the most recent and probably reflect the style/emphasis of the USMLE, but the order doesn't matter terribly.

Thanks, I guess I was just asking in terms of which test is better to take first b/c I kinda figured taking the harder test tomorrow would allow more time to focus in on weak areas and then the week before the exam taking the exam that's a little easier might be good for a confidence boost since I don't wanna take an unrealistically difficult exam that might freak me out a little a week before the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you only had time to do 2 NBME's before the real deal, which ones would you guys pick? Sounds like 11-13 are the most recent. Not sure I'll have time for all 3.

People ask that all the time. There isn't a definitive answer. They're all about the same. Maybe the more recent ones are the best but no one really knows.

People ask that all the time. There isn't a definitive answer. They're all about the same. Maybe the more recent ones are the best but no one really knows.
Yah, that's what I'm finding out more and more as I browse.