best odds post interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiouslygeorge

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
which schools do their heaviest screening BEFORE the interview thereby offering the best acceptance rates post interview? (sorry i don't have an MSAR to look this up.) does anyone know from experience or hearsay which schools provide the most hope post interview? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Miami and MCW have very good odds post-interview. For out-of-state, last year Miami interviewed 100 and took 83.

UCLAstudent said:
Miami and MCW have very good odds post-interview. For out-of-state, last year Miami interviewed 100 and took 83.

Tufts takes half the interviewees. So does Upstate.

Members don't see this ad :)
drexel and nymc traditionally take about half of their interviewees which includes waitlist acceptances. but they each interview a lot of applicants (1000+)

I think VCU and UC Irvine were both around 63% last year, UC Davis was at around 57%.

michigan: 62% for out of staters (hasnt helped me yet; waitlist)
northwestern. 51% (come on!)

anyone know the odds for emory or usc (keck)? thanks

IndyZX said:
michigan: 62% for out of staters (hasnt helped me yet; waitlist)
northwestern. 51% (come on!)

wow! Northwestern, really?! Thats amazing! I'm glad I got an interview!

I think most state schools generally accept 50+% of the in-state applicants they interview.

curiouslygeorge said:
anyone know the odds for emory or usc (keck)? thanks

I don't have the numbers with me (my book is at my house), but it is very high. USC has one of the better acceptance rates.

somebody posted these stats for a bunch of schools recently. can't find the thread. but yeah, from what i remember, tufts and umich have high post-interview acceptance rates. don't know if those include waitlist acceptances though.

Code Brown said:
I think VCU and UC Irvine were both around 63% last year, UC Davis was at around 57%.

you're right...VCU is very selective regarding their intv--they have a good record of looking at applicants as a whole

mzafaran said:
you're right...VCU is very selective regarding their intv--they have a good record of looking at applicants as a whole

very true :thumbup: