1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Best of two GRE scores

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by JungMoney, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JungMoney

Psychology Student
    I have a question regarding GRE scores. I have now taken the test twice; on the first test I got Q:153 V:159 whereas on the second I got Q:152 V:160. Will programs (Psy.Ds specifically) mix and match and take the two best scores from the two tests if I reported both of them? I realize that this might vary depending on the program, but I was wondering if there was a general consensus among doctorate programs on the policy that they took. Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. irish80122

irish80122 DCT at Miss State U.
    Faculty 15+ Year Member

Psychologist
    I can't speak for other programs, but we (a clinical PhD) take the best of both scores. I suspect most schools do this if for no other reason because many of us post our admissions data on our websites. However, this is an assumption and I have no data to support it.

4. JungMoney

Psychology Student
    Thanks a lot for your response! I'll be calling programs within the coming days to see if they vary or not. The early consensus seems to be yes.