Best Osteopathic Internal Medicine (DO IM) programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCOM2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm filling out ERAS right now and listing the programs I want to shoot for. US News and the like don't seem to care too much about we DO folks. ;)

1.) Does anyone have a list compiled of all Osteopathic IM programs ranked by competitiveness? Seems like the allopathic docs have it down to a science based upon "tiers."

2.) Can anybody mention the programs that someone would ever say "Oh God no. Don't go there!"?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From some IM residents that came back to talk to our class, they mentioned to look @ the aacom data which was striking. Assume the hospitals with more residents per class (ie bigger hospital and affiliation) are better. Some of the small IM programs in BFE likely do not see the pathology you need to see and are likely not very competitive.

I think competitiveness in the DO world is less about grades and more about the rotation and less about grades (hence a 475 average for IM). If you are aiming for a better program look for larger hospital-based programs.

Reactions: 1 user