best overall mcat review book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
looked under search but didn't find much.

does anyone know what would be the best overall, this means all the subjects that will be tested, mcat review book? i know this is subjective but subjective answers is what i want to get :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Those big fat review books (i.e., Princeton Review's Flowers and Silver) don't seem to be enough. I highly suggest getting used copies of the books (and exams) used in an actual prep course. There are lots of eager people out there who want to get rid of those books. :D I used Berkeley Review, which was awesome, but I hear that Princeton Review is also good. Good luck!

my cousin over at ucla med for his GI im residency also took berkeley review. i still got a year to go before i take test, but you HIGHLY suggest berkeley review over princeton and kaplan?

i took TPR. worked for me. and the books are now collecting dust :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The Kaplan book wasn't perfect, but it gave me a solid foundation to build on. If you learn everything in there, you will have the tools to get at least a very solid score. It's also a good Idea to pull out your Orgo, Biology, and Chemistry texts if you feel like you've got room for more information, because just about anything can turn up on the test. Still, just having the basics down very solidly and taking as many practice tests as possible are the highest priorities.

Examkrackers without a doubt! Check the MCAT forum, plenty of therads on this,and trust me, EK always wins!

Definately EK - it rocks. If you don't understand something, backup Kaplan might help as it elaborates a bit more, but you don't need more than EK. The best Jerry, the best.

i only used the big kaplan book...i got a good score. i don't think my score would have changed if i supplemented it with anything.

bbaek said:
my cousin over at ucla med for his GI im residency also took berkeley review. i still got a year to go before i take test, but you HIGHLY suggest berkeley review over princeton and kaplan?

Yes, I highly recommend Berkeley Review. It is cheaper than the other two courses (Kaplan and PR), but it is so great. I do not regret choosing BR at all. :)

anyone else love berkeley review? why is it so great?

also, do they give out any scholarships or subsidies for those who are economically disadvantaged? :rolleyes:

Exam Krackers.

Straight up no BS approach. Score went from a 27 with absolutely no studying to a 35 with studying, but I could have done more. Best there is.