brookester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
Status
What institution do you feel is the best overall medical school, taking both their research and primary care into account?

OP
B

brookester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
Status
Using the USnews rankings, add the research and primary care together. Which school has the top overall ranking?

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
brookester said:
Using the USnews rankings, add the research and primary care together. Which school has the top overall ranking?
UCSF, UW

OP
B

brookester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
Status
I think this method works... I'd agree that both are top notch schools. Best in the country?

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
brookester said:
I think this method works... I'd agree that both are top notch schools. Best in the country?
It depends on what you are looking to do. Obviously, HMS, Hopkins, etc... would be considered "better" if you want to do research. But, you can't go wrong with those two

sockandmittens

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2004
Status
I'd vote the big state institutions with high research rankings; since, part of their mission and class wants to be clinicians in state so i vote UW, UMI, and UCSF

Will I be going to any of these... likely not.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2000
sodom, south georgia
if you're really interested in primary care, Oklahoma State is a tremendous program. It's also a DO program (not that it has much to do with anything). They are really well respected in the midwest and produce great docs.