Best overall school... Research + Prim. Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brookester

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What institution do you feel is the best overall medical school, taking both their research and primary care into account?

Members don't see this ad.

Using the USnews rankings, add the research and primary care together. Which school has the top overall ranking?

brookester said:
Using the USnews rankings, add the research and primary care together. Which school has the top overall ranking?

UCSF, UW

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this method works... I'd agree that both are top notch schools. Best in the country?

brookester said:
I think this method works... I'd agree that both are top notch schools. Best in the country?

It depends on what you are looking to do. Obviously, HMS, Hopkins, etc... would be considered "better" if you want to do research. But, you can't go wrong with those two

I'd vote the big state institutions with high research rankings; since, part of their mission and class wants to be clinicians in state so i vote UW, UMI, and UCSF

Will I be going to any of these... likely not.

if you're really interested in primary care, Oklahoma State is a tremendous program. It's also a DO program (not that it has much to do with anything). They are really well respected in the midwest and produce great docs.