• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Best Pharm book opinions?

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I won't take the boards until next summer, but I keep hearing upperclassmen talking about how pharm and immuno are extremely poorly taught and that they needed a lot of "review" on those subjects when it came time for the boards. We use a system's based curriculum, so we only get the drugs that pertain to each system as we get to that system and whatnot and theres no concrete/standard way that the drugs are presented, so its confusing and all very easy to forget. With that said, what is everyone's opinions on the best Step1 review book for pharm (and immuno i guess) so that I can use those books as we learn about different organ systems throughout my second year and subsequently for the boards?

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 3, 2005
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Let me rephrase... Who here (that is either currently studying for step 1 or has already taken it) used a pharm book that was put together in a logical way that made it easier for them to remember all the drugs we might see on the test a year from now. In addition to that, I'm wondering who is using a book that they felt wasn't too dense, yet still explains the mechanisms in a way that was complete enough to understand from scratch.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.