kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I won't take the boards until next summer, but I keep hearing upperclassmen talking about how pharm and immuno are extremely poorly taught and that they needed a lot of "review" on those subjects when it came time for the boards. We use a system's based curriculum, so we only get the drugs that pertain to each system as we get to that system and whatnot and theres no concrete/standard way that the drugs are presented, so its confusing and all very easy to forget. With that said, what is everyone's opinions on the best Step1 review book for pharm (and immuno i guess) so that I can use those books as we learn about different organ systems throughout my second year and subsequently for the boards?

OP
kdburton

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Let me rephrase... Who here (that is either currently studying for step 1 or has already taken it) used a pharm book that was put together in a logical way that made it easier for them to remember all the drugs we might see on the test a year from now. In addition to that, I'm wondering who is using a book that they felt wasn't too dense, yet still explains the mechanisms in a way that was complete enough to understand from scratch.