Best Pharm Review Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-Goose-

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
BRS? HY? Lange's Review? Others?

Members don't see this ad.

wondering the same. You guys think getting the pharm made ridiculously simple would help ease into main pharm book in M2 year?

I used the Pharmcards. 99%ile.

But . . . I actually liked pharm . . . take with as much salt as you like

Members don't see this ad :)
The best book by far is Pharmacology Recall. The Power Review chapter is worth it's weight in gold. Small, compact and everything you need with nothing you don't.

BRS? HY? Lange's Review? Others?

I can't speak for anything other than what I've used, but I've really liked USMLE Road Map for Pharm and the Lippincott Pharmcards (though the latter were more useful for class than they may be for step 1 simply because of the detail they go into... I can certainly see how the previous poster could have performed outstandingly if he knew that level of detail).

Step Up also has a really nice section at the back where it sums up the most important drugs and their most notable side effects. The section is organized alphabetically though as opposed to by section, so it's probably more useful for comprehensive finals and step 1 than for class.

The best book by far is Pharmacology Recall. The Power Review chapter is worth it's weight in gold. Small, compact and everything you need with nothing you don't.

Haven't used the book yet, but upon perusing it in the school library that Power Review looks pretty nice indeed. Should help me out a lot for my cumulative pharm final on Tuesday. Thanks! ;)

I've been using the Lange book and Lange flashcards. I like them both. The flashcards have just the info I want (mech., use, side effect), nothing extra. I don't have to add too many cards for class, and I'm sure they're probably plenty for the boards.

I like the Lange book, but I admit, it's a bit thick for a review book. It's nice for keeping up with class, and it has some questions.

I've been using the Lange book and Lange flashcards. I like them both. The flashcards have just the info I want (mech., use, side effect), nothing extra. I don't have to add too many cards for class, and I'm sure they're probably plenty for the boards.

I like the Lange book, but I admit, it's a bit thick for a review book. It's nice for keeping up with class, and it has some questions.

Oi.

I have a copy of Lange, and I think its pretty poor for review. Not bad to supplement a course, but too thick for review.