Best physics course??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwipaxo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble deciding which physics course to take. I have the option to take general college physics or physics for scientists and engineers since both do fulfill the requirement to graduate (I'm a biology major) but I don't know which one would be best to prepare me best for the MCAT. Would you guys say physics for scientists and engineers is better?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble deciding which physics course to take. I have the option to take general college physics or physics for scientists and engineers since both do fulfill the requirement to graduate (I'm a biology major) but I don't know which one would be best to prepare me best for the MCAT. Would you guys say physics for scientists and engineers is better?
Algebra based (general) is fine. It's all that's needed for the MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users

I would say the general since it is much easier. It's usually just concepts with a few formulas. Whether the one for engineers would be heavily base on calculus. At my school, I need to complete calc 1&2 to be able to take physics (engineering major here). So, unless you love calculus so much, choose the other one.