Best Physics Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willis7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know what the best mcat physics book is. I have the Kaplan, NOVA and Barrons. I know Barrons is not good, but the NOVA biology helped me and the Kaplan is known for having great prep material. Just wanted to know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, Nova is by far the best. I use Nova in conjunction with ExamKrackers because there's maybe one or two sections which I feel Nova needs some supplement to, so I use EK with Nova on those sections...but if you want to use mainly one, stick with Nova, it's amazing! And the author throws in little jokes and makes some of the questions funny so it makes answering the questions a little more amusing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, Nova is by far the best. I use Nova in conjunction with ExamKrackers because there's maybe one or two sections which I feel Nova needs some supplement to, so I use EK with Nova on those sections...but if you want to use mainly one, stick with Nova, it's amazing! And the author throws in little jokes and makes some of the questions funny so it makes answering the questions a little more amusing.

I agree. EK gives pretty good end of lecture tests. I make sure to do the EK lecture and any corresponding NOVA sections

Has anyone used Barron's New MCAT 2007 by Hugo Seibel, Mangum, Conway, Shanholtezer?
If yes how you evalute practice tests compared to real test?

Has anyone used Barron's New MCAT 2007 by Hugo Seibel, Mangum, Conway, Shanholtezer?
If yes how you evalute practice tests compared to real test?

I have that book and the test aren't anything close to real MCAT. Although you could use the questions/tests to review stuff, but I would stick with AAMC tests or even kaplan over the barron tests.

is the nova good to relearn 2nd sem material? or should i just use a regular text book? I have the tpr book and it is ok. thanks for any help!

Nova covers all topics relevant to MCAT. So electricity/magnetism from second sem. are all there. Having said that, nothing can beat a good textbook. I would do the Nova lectures and problems, then find a second source to do problems and see if you are retaining the info after doing Nova. If not, goto the textbook, etc.

Is the name of the book "Nova's Physics"? I typed that in amazon and it gave all types of different material. What exactly is the name of the book, if that's not it?