ch0sen1

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2008
Status
Which website will show me acceptance statistics for all medical schools, including the median GPA and MCAT scores for each accepting year? I cant find any good ones using google...

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
www.mdapplicants.com will give you statistics for every school. Its accuracy is very very questionable though. Average GPA/MCATs are not as high as they appear on that webiste, but its will give you something look at.

ch0sen1

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2008
Status
www.mdapplicants.com will give you statistics for every school. Its accuracy is very very questionable though. Average GPA/MCATs are not as high as they appear on that webiste, but its will give you something look at.
Hmm...so no where accurate? There is a site also called medschoolready.com, and it looks like it only calculates averages based on profiles made...

Is there anywhere to access REAL data from med schools?

About the Ads

Dissected

All bleeding stops eventually
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
West Coast
Status
Attending Physician
Which website will show me acceptance statistics for all medical schools, including the median GPA and MCAT scores for each accepting year? I cant find any good ones using google...
if you want exact answers, either the MSAR or the Princeton Review publication will be the most accurate. Its hard to find results for things like this online that you can take without a grain of salt.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hmm...so no where accurate? There is a site also called medschoolready.com, and it looks like it only calculates averages based on profiles made...

Is there anywhere to access REAL data from med schools?
go to each individual school's website.

Forthegood

ProcrastinationAficionado
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2008
Lexington, KY
Status
Medical Student
As above, MSAR or AAMC. DO NOT guess based on the interview page or mdapps. Unfortunately, not every person who gets in/interviews/applies fills out their experience.

Leejwwc

10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status
Medical Student
If you're willing to fork out some $, US News (premium edition) lists the number of accepted and interviewed in-state/out-of-state for each school. They also have the average stats for matrics (MSAR lists only stats for accepted).

scottyT

Real Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Mountain View, CA
Status
Medical Student

rama kandra

Actual Psychiatrist jk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
the MSAR is the bible. Trust it and use other sources to pick at the schools you want to know more about. MDapps is good only for seeing what other peeps are up to. There isnt anything useful about USNews reports, other than rankings. They publish the same stuff the MSAR publishes anyways... I hope this helps.

scottyT

Real Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Mountain View, CA
Status
Medical Student
the MSAR is the bible. Trust it and use other sources to pick at the schools you want to know more about. MDapps is good only for seeing what other peeps are up to. There isnt anything useful about USNews reports, other than rankings. They publish the same stuff the MSAR publishes anyways... I hope this helps.
USNews reportedly publishes the matriculated data, which is different from the accepted data in the MSAR. This is not the same at all.

EDIT: of course, the accepted data are more relevant to an applicant as you are trying to be accepted.

rama kandra

Actual Psychiatrist jk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Ya I looked at both of em today. Subtle differences to be honest but they fit well enough that it confirms which schools I should and should not be applyin to..

goodbye northwestern. Gulp.

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
go to each individual school's website.

Has anyone else had success doing this? I feel like schools are unlikely to say "these are the average MCAT scores and GPAs for our accepted students" on their websites. At least I haven't seen too many school websites where that's the case.

rama kandra

Actual Psychiatrist jk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
nah id never bother with that fluffy stuff every school puts out there. for once id like to see a school say 'were the best, the absolute best. if you dont have it, dont bother.' or a school that tells us 'were the worst, you dont even have to fill out your date of birth and you could come here,' on the website.

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
nah id never bother with that fluffy stuff every school puts out there. for once id like to see a school say 'were the best, the absolute best. if you dont have it, dont bother.' or a school that tells us 'were the worst, you dont even have to fill out your date of birth and you could come here,' on the website.
:laugh: amen.

Or better yet... "we won't even read your app if your GPA is below 3.7 or your MCAT is below 35" (cough*WashU*cough)

I really dislike school websites for that exact reason!

About the Ads