Best place to purchase Goljan audio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NIQ

anti christ medicine man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for the best place to buy the complete Goljan audio. I'm going to rip the tracks to mp3 for my portable player. I assume they don't sell them in a digital format? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

NIQ said:
Looking for the best place to buy the complete Goljan audio. I'm going to rip the tracks to mp3 for my portable player. I assume they don't sell them in a digital format? Thanks

Hi,

they are all in mp3 format, but some players might need an additional conversion. ipods seem to work well straight on without having to convert the files further from the disk they came in. i have a rio and it took a while to convert the files from the MPEG layer 3 format to the mp3. i honestly do not know the difference between the formats, but the files play fine now after the conversion. some other posters have had the same trouble, and have solved it in similar ways. good luck.

ispic said:
Hi,

they are all in mp3 format, but some players might need an additional conversion. ipods seem to work well straight on without having to convert the files further from the disk they came in. i have a rio and it took a while to convert the files from the MPEG layer 3 format to the mp3. i honestly do not know the difference between the formats, but the files play fine now after the conversion. some other posters have had the same trouble, and have solved it in similar ways. good luck.
Thanks I have a Creative Zen Micro thats known to play nearly every format out there. Could you provide a link for purchase?

Thanks again

NIQ said:
Thanks I have a Creative Zen Micro thats known to play nearly every format out there. Could you provide a link for purchase?

Thanks again

Hi,

Just do an ebay query for "goljan" and it will popup for ya, in any case, here's a search i did today:

http://search.ebay.com/goljan_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

good luck man, just be sure you're getting the audio, lecture notes and the high yield. later

Members don't see this ad :)
ispic said:
Hi,

Just do an ebay query for "goljan" and it will popup for ya, in any case, here's a search i did today:

http://search.ebay.com/goljan_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

good luck man, just be sure you're getting the audio, lecture notes and the high yield. later
Thanks so much, got one for $15. Can't wait to hear/read this stuff

ispic said:
Hi,

ispic (or anyone who has had similar issues),

I am having conversion problems and have tried posting on the tech forum to no avail. Just wondering what conversion software you used to convert from MPEG layer 3 format to the mp3 (interestingly, I think these formats should be one and the same).

Just trying to get the files onto either an Axim x50v or iRiver mp3 player. Thanks for any input . . .

DonCarson said:
ispic (or anyone who has had similar issues),

I am having conversion problems and have tried posting on the tech forum to no avail. Just wondering what conversion software you used to convert from MPEG layer 3 format to the mp3 (interestingly, I think these formats should be one and the same).

Just trying to get the files onto either an Axim x50v or iRiver mp3 player. Thanks for any input . . .

To convert from mp layer 2 to mp layer 3, use software such as Easy CD-DA Extractor. Go to download.com and I'm sure you can find a ton of free digital media conversion utilities.

I just used foobar2000 (my software mp3 player) and the LAME encoder to convert to -apm quality mp3 and it works on my portable player

I know this is not on your topic, but the CD i got off Ebay (well, a friend did) was missing a couple hours and I think we can pin it to around 2001--he mentioned Sharon Stone and her bleed. They helped a bit with the shelf (which are OLD questions) but i'm a bit worried about the real deal. his notes are pretty, i've been thru all 500! but there are a few pages missing (one of which was on the shelf...crap!). so beware what you get. i still think it's worth $20.
streetdoc

NIQ said:
I just used foobar2000 (my software mp3 player) and the LAME encoder to convert to -apm quality mp3 and it works on my portable player

NIQ

Your suggestion solved the problem. I was beginning to waste too much study time trying to transfer these stupid files to my portables and the software I was using wasn't cutting it. foobar2000 + dbPoweramp encoder was all that was needed. Thanks again NIQ and anyone else who offered advice . . .