best place to purchase scrub suits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike05tusdm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best place online or otherwise to purchase scrub suits? I did a google search for scrub suits and I got a bit overwhelmed by the number of hits I got-so any info based on personal experience would be helpful,

Thanks,

Mike Tufts D'05

Members don't see this ad.

mike05tusdm said:
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best place online or otherwise to purchase scrub suits? I did a google search for scrub suits and I got a bit overwhelmed by the number of hits I got-so any info based on personal experience would be helpful,

Thanks,

Mike Tufts D'05

www.allheart.com

Members don't see this ad :)
got mine at costco at $15 for a set! :D

I got mine at Nordstrom's for 350 a pop. I think it's a small price to pay for genuine Ralph Lauren.

Doggie said:
got mine at costco at $15 for a set! :D

Yep, I saw those too. Thats a good price.

aphistis said:
www.scrubsandbeyond.com

They also have several brick and mortar stores, depending on where you're located. I haven't found anyplace that beats their price tag--$17 a set.

thank you for that info Bill.

just wondering if the color matters. would royal blue work? also how many sets do you recommend us having?

thanks again

Ahmad

Allheart.com

$12.98/set

Reversible
65% polyester/35% cotton
Brand: Dickies

Fits great!

Highly recommended!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Two thumbs up!

Calculus1 said:
I got mine at Nordstrom's for 350 a pop. I think it's a small price to pay for genuine Ralph Lauren.
Do they have Armani scrubs too? :laugh:

As I visited those websites, that one TLC song kept running through my head.

Yah-E said:
Allheart.com

$12.98/set

Reversible
65% polyester/35% cotton

Fits great!

!

Unless you're tall. The Dickies seem shorter in the tops than other brands.

Yah-E said:
Allheart.com

$12.98/set

Reversible
65% polyester/35% cotton

Fits great!

Highly recommended!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Two thumbs up!

Yowsas! The shipping rates are ridiculous! :eek:

Doggie said:
Yowsas! The shipping rates are ridiculous! :eek:

What are they? I ordered a lab coat and some other stuff, and thought the rates were quite reasonable - I had them shipped surface, got them in three days (including the embroidered coat), and it was like $4 or something for shipping.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU medical center: $10 a set and no tax

anyone got any recommendation for scrubs for those of us who are taller?

i'm 6'3" and mine fit like i'm expecting a flood....i'd go larger size, but then the waist is like a foot too large.

You pay a little extra, but for us tall folk (I'm 6'3" myself) I love S.C.R.U.B.S. brand available through smartscrubs.com. Their pants aren't just the standard small-xxlarge, but many style also come in lengths too. OPlus, my favoite part is that unlike many brands, S.C.R.U.B.S. come in 100% cotton which after a washing or too with soe fabric softener and a couple of Bounce sheets in the dryer are just ridiculously soft and comfortable to wear all day :love:

DrJeff said:
You pay a little extra, but for us tall folk (I'm 6'3" myself) I love S.C.R.U.B.S. brand available through smartscrubs.com. Their pants aren't just the standard small-xxlarge, but many style also come in lengths too. OPlus, my favoite part is that unlike many brands, S.C.R.U.B.S. come in 100% cotton which after a washing or too with soe fabric softener and a couple of Bounce sheets in the dryer are just ridiculously soft and comfortable to wear all day :love:

Dr Jeff, since they're 100% cotton, do they shrink a lot. Should I order 1 size too big to compensate?

Pre-shrunk cotton, I've had many pairs now that have remained true to size through literally 100 washings and dryings. The only complaint I have about them is that if you get the draw-string only style as opposed to the elsatic/drawstring style, the drawstrings tend to fray where you knot them after 6 months or so.

THIS MIGHT BE A STUPID QUESTION BUT DOES THE COLOR MATTER?

i know we need some sort of the blue family but they have teal, royal blue, etc etc.

which one do most of you guys wear? oh one more thing, do we need to have anything embroided?

thank you guys

PERFECT3435 said:

i know we need some sort of the blue family but they have teal, royal blue, etc etc.

which one do most of you guys wear? oh one more thing, do we need to have anything embroided?

thank you guys
Hey Perfect, your school may be different, but here's what my packet with STUDENT ATTIRE REGULATIONS says:

"1. Must wear clean, non wrinkled surgical scrubs in College clinics and laboratories. The scrub tops and bottoms may be any solid matching color. Scrubs should have either no logo or the BCD logo only. Clean clinic or laboratory jackets may be worn over the scrubs."

Baylor has always had pretty strict dress codes in the past (esp. back in the 80s) so yours could be the same or less restricted.

Ebay baby!!!!

got a complete set of 5 brand new in packet for $15 plus shippin, was like $20!!!

5 complete scrub set for $20!!! You cant beat it!!!

PERFECT3435 said:

thank you guys

I know that at Case Western, the color you have to wear depends on which year you're in. Apparently they vote on which colors they get to wear.

maybe i should just wait till i get there and find out. i don't wanna buy it and then find out the color was wrong.

Being a short person like I am (5'2")... I wish they make kids sized scrubs.... my scrub pants are always too long... :(

Qoo said:
Being a short person like I am (5'2")... I wish they make kids sized scrubs.... my scrub pants are always too long... :(

allheart.com has "petitie" scrubs

bought 2 sets from costco for 15 each. the thing that i hate about the sizes is that i am 5' 11" which mean a L will be short and XL will be big on the waist for me.

i just bought a XL and had someone tailor it for me.