Best Practice Exams to Buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aristrutz523

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I am a re-taker and I took the Kaplan course w/ their exams back in 2016. The Kaplan tests basically showed me what I would get. I'm asking to see if there are better practice tests to purchase - I'm not doing another course since my MCAT is in 93 days. I'm considering the Kaplan again. I just took the Blueprint diagnostic last week and am probably going to take the Princeton and Kaplan diagnostics this week (because they're fo FREE).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I want them to be super hard so I'm just surprised at how amazing I do on test day (just kidding, but not really).

Members don't see this ad.

I took exams from four different commercial sources and can't say that any one of them was noticably better than the others. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. For C/P TBR was best. For CARS, I liked NS. For B/B I liked EK. For P/S, I liked TBR. Don't trust any of their scaled scores.

Nothing is as good as AAMC, but if I had to pick just one, I'd choose TBR because you learn so much from their explanations. Next I'd pick EK. Good luck, you really can't go wrong.

Agreed that most third party practice exams are more or less the same. I think some of the best third-party material comes from the UWorld QBank. While it's not grouped into full-length exams, the practice is very good in my opinion and worth trying.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I definitely agree with Kevin about the usefulness of UWorld's QBank. Their answer explanations are especially worthwhile to study since they act as another layer of content review.