Best Practice Full Lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moc1025

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm taking the MCAT in a little more than 2 weeks (October 21st) and I'm planning on taking 2-3 more practice full length exams between now and then. I've been doing Kaplan and AAMC and have done all but the following: AAMC 4, 8, and 11 and Kaplan 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Out of those 9 which do you think would be the best 3 to take??

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC material is the closest thing to the real MCAT, and there's really no close second. Every other company approaches the material with a different perspective, and sometimes their goals aren't exactly the same, i.e. they're not all written to imitate an actual MCAT. Each of their approaches has a distinct "flavor", and none of them taste like AAMC tests.

Thems be me two cents, anywhoo!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone!

I'm taking the MCAT in a little more than 2 weeks (October 21st) and I'm planning on taking 2-3 more practice full length exams between now and then. I've been doing Kaplan and AAMC and have done all but the following: AAMC 4, 8, and 11 and Kaplan 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Out of those 9 which do you think would be the best 3 to take??

Thanks everyone!

Use AAMC exams, NOT Kaplan. And when doing so, keep the following in mind.

Here's how it works: Real MCAT exams are NOT all the same. Some resemble a certain AAMC practice test (say AAMC3); other real MCAT exams resemble a different AAMC practice test (say AAMC10); yet most will resemble some combination of AAMC practice tests (ex. PS was most like AAMC4, while VR was more like AAMC3, but BS was like AAMC11).

So, experiences will vary.

If it's of any help to you, my observation is that the verbal reasoning in AAMC3 is a little different than the rest of the tests; the BS section in AAMC11 is a little different than the rest of AAMC's practice tests, and somehow people tend to think that AAMC7 and AAMC3 are either a little easier or a little more difficult than most other AAMC tests (if they are easier or more difficult will depend on who you ask, and what their strengths and weaknesses are). I was deliberately vague to avoid making a spoiler. (Mods - If you believe that this last paragraph is still a spoiler, feel free to remove it. I think it's fine though.)

Last edited:
Here's how it works: Real MCAT exams are NOT all the same. Some resemble a certain AAMC practice test (say AAMC3); other real MCAT exams resemble a different AAMC practice test (say AAMC10); yet most will resemble some combination of AAMC practice tests (ex. PS was most like AAMC4, while VR was more like AAMC3, but BS was like AAMC11).

So, experiences will vary.

If it's of any help to you, my observation is that the verbal reasoning in AAMC3 is a little different than the rest of the tests; the BS section in AAMC11 is a little different than the rest of AAMC's practice tests, and somehow people tend to think that AAMC7 and AAMC3 are either a little easier or a little more difficult than most other AAMC tests (if they are easier or more difficult will depend on who you ask, and what their strengths and weaknesses are). I was deliberately vague to avoid making a spoiler. (Mods - If you believe that this last paragraph is still a spoiler, feel free to remove it. I think it's fine though.)

Gauss44, thanks for the reply! When you said PS is most like AAMC4, VR like AAMC3, and BS like AAMC 11 do you mean just from your own experience? Or is that a general opinion of most people taking the MCAT?

Gauss44, thanks for the reply! When you said PS is most like AAMC4, VR like AAMC3, and BS like AAMC 11 do you mean just from your own experience? Or is that a general opinion of most people taking the MCAT?

No, no, no. That's NOT what I said.

Try reading it again and skip the parts in parentheses.

Never ever emphasis something in parentheses over something NOT in parentheses. Parentheses are primarily used to contain clarifications such as examples and afterthoughts: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=meaning+of+parentheses

Last edited: