Best Practice MCATs for 2013?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asf503

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN peeps,

I know there are numerous postings regarding this topic, with the one I found nearest to answering my question here, but I wanted something a little more specific.

We all know that the AAMC practice MCATs from e-mcat.com are the golden standards for predicting your score on the real MCAT. I've read many a forum post that has stated with unfettered confidence that "the average of your AAMC practice tests is what you should expect to get on the real thing." Thus, you should only be using the AAMC practice tests as the final goalposts of your MCAT preparation.

With that said, among the various test prep companies, which are the best practice MCATs to take to prepare for the AAMC practice tests? I'm not saying which are the best to emulate the exam- I'm fairly confident in saying that NONE of the test prep companies have successfully made an exam that truly mimics a test day experience. What I'm asking is, if you have taken the MCAT (and did well of course) and prepared for it using practice MCATs, which test companies' MCATs did you use? Which would you recommend and why?

For example, I know this dude recommends gold standard exams because they're hard, and taking hard tests makes you better prepared for the MCAT because it trains you to get used to difficult passages.

I just wanted everyone's opinion on this, and I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about it.

Please use the poll! Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.