Best Preclinical/Happiest Med Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhaddi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a ranking of the best preclinical medical schools in the U.S., and who has the happiest students? For example, I know students who are miserable at some schools, but Stanford students seem happy and love the teaching. A lot of people I know at our state school all agree the teaching is pretty crappy and never go to class.
So do any of you find class valuable at your school in the first 2 years? :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

when i was at vandy they claimed to have the happiest students on an exit survey like 4 of the last 5 years. but that is all 4 not just first 2

I actually just got back from an interview at Stanford a couple of days ago, and I must say, the students there have a certain quality of life that I have not seen at other schools. I think a lot of this has to do with the infamous "5 year plan" that is made avilable to them. Ultimately, this allows them to both pursue and continue other personal interests. The weather probably has something to do with it too (duh!)

On another note Penn was pretty chill too, I love Philly, the urban environment, proximity to NYC, shortened basic science curriculum and three afternoons off per week to once again, pursue outside interests.

Overall, any place that has a flexible curriculum will have happy students...