May 3, 2015
Hello~! ^_^ I've been working on CARS and have been seeing my score fluctuate from 60% to 80%. the AAMC sample test and scored test are widely known to be the most representative and great predictors but i want to know how i'm currently doing for cars so i can improve before taking the aamc tests. What material is considered the best predictor for CARS (aside from aamc FLs)?

Would the CARS Q packs or old AAMC VR material be good indicators?? How much can I trust others like khan academy, EK101, TPRH or NS 108?

OP
FauxBlue
May 3, 2015
The best indicator are the AAMC Question Packs Vol1 and 2, Sample Test CARS section, and Practice Test 1 CARS section.
Thank you!! ^___^! Would you say my scores from the QPacks are still reliable if I don't do them all in one go. I try to do a few each sometimes just because I don't want to waste all the good material yet

Jack Westin

CARS Instructor
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
7+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2011
www.JackWestin.com
@FauxBlue

Don't worry about reliability when it comes to the Qpacks. Use Sample Test and more importantly, Practice Test 1 for that. But remember that nothing is set in stone. Even if you don't do as well as you want on the practice exam, it doesn't mean you can't do well on the actual exam. It's more about reviewing your mistakes and making sure you minimize the same errors and learn from it. If you understand why you didn't do well on certain questions, you will improve.

May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
@FauxBlue

Don't worry about reliability when it comes to the Qpacks. Use Sample Test and more importantly, Practice Test 1 for that. But remember that nothing is set in stone. Even if you don't do as well as you want on the practice exam, it doesn't mean you can't do well on the actual exam. It's more about reviewing your mistakes and making sure you minimize the same errors and learn from it. If you understand why you didn't do well on certain questions, you will improve.
I'm having similar troubles as OP...I can't remember enough details of the passage to answer questions with certainty...so I have to go back to the passage to look at the details to confirm...which wastes a lot of time and I end up running low on time...if I have enough time, I can usually answer correctly like at most 1 wrong per passage..

Any advice????

Jack Westin

CARS Instructor
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
7+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2011
www.JackWestin.com
@JohnWall69 the MCAT does that on purpose to distract you. Keep the big picture in mind and trust yourself using the main idea of the passage to guide your answer. You could PM me and I can give you some more specific guidance if necessary. Good luck!

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I'm having similar troubles as OP...I can't remember enough details of the passage to answer questions with certainty...so I have to go back to the passage to look at the details to confirm...which wastes a lot of time and I end up running low on time...if I have enough time, I can usually answer correctly like at most 1 wrong per passage..

Any advice????
The above post hits it on the head. Forget about the details, it's all about the tone and main idea of the passage.

Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
What would be the next best set of practice material after AAMC?
The next best accurate predictor based oo N=1 was EK using the score conversion. I got the same score on EK1-3 as I got on the real exam. However I would say the old AAMC VR, Sample test, and Scored exam are the best predictors but CARS is so hard to predict because of how much your mental state affects it.