best prep books for Psych/Soc, CARS, && Biology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pioneer22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

looking to do some studying for Psych/Soc, CARS and the biology section of MCAT....which are the best companies for these?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Examkrackers is the fastest way to learn about a broad range of physc/soc topics. But they miss a few things. It provides enough knowlege to get a 12 on the section if you get every question right that you know the right answer for. TPR and Kaplan provide most of the material needed but takes too long to go through them.

hey guys,

looking to do some studying for Psych/Soc, CARS and the biology section of MCAT....which are the best companies for these?

thanks
Use Khan for Psych/Soc. Use TPRH for CARS. Biology- whatever you want really.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Kaplan's biology book was great. The biochemistry book I thought was great as well. I went from a 124 on my first practice test to a 131 on the real test in the bio/Biochem section using those two books.

Any book will prepare you content-wise for the MCAT. It's the practice you do that counts. I personally used Kaplan for all sections and didn't do too shabby - but that's due more to the fact that any review company prepares you adequately content-wise rather than a feature unique to Kaplan. P/S can be supplemented with Khan Academy, since there are a lot of terms and theories to know and Khan Academy does a really nice job with that. Actually, you can also supplement B/BC with Khan Academy videos for the topics you struggle on most.

Also I have nothing but good things to say about Khan Academy's practice passages for P/S - they are all superb. There are also quite a few gems in their B/BC passages.