Best Research Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PainMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interview dates in November, and I am trying to find basic science research opportunities at the schools. Specifically-DMU,UHS,Western. Any required or elective info would be great....

Members don't see this ad.

Ryan,

I would say most DO students would agree with me that the focus of DO schools is not research, it's primary care. If you are seriously interested in a career in medical research, the MD approach would serve you much better in the long run.

Good luck!

I would say that the above poster isn't up with the current push in the osteopathic community for research. The NIH funds two research projects directly at KCOM. TCOM, MSU-COM, and PCOM are also very strong researchering schools. What are you interested in studying in particular; I may be able to point you in the right direction.
I am on the Osteopathic Research Committee at KCOM, and I have research interests myself so I may be of some aid. If I don't know the anser, I may also be able to point you in the direction of someone else that does.
With further regard to the above poster, allopathic schools do have more money to invest in research, however they don't have the osteopathic perspective of questions.
T