Best review book for micro subject board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lysinee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now, I have a copy of Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple. I plan to use FA as well.

I would like to hear more opinions about the best review book to prepare for the micro subject board.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

there's a list of good books at the back of FA. CMMRS is supposedly pretty good.

there's a list of good books at the back of FA. CMMRS is supposedly pretty good.

I would focus on first aid since that is the framework for what you need to know for step 1. Lange Micro is supposed to be really good.

Members don't see this ad :)
High Yield Microbio has a list at the end of common infectious disease presentations and etiologic agents. I distincly remember there being like 20-25 questions on the Shelf that were almost word for word from that.

If you have a lot of time, CMMRS is great. If you've only got a few days, HY Micro is not a bad way to go IMO.

I would appreciate more responses for a course every first year med student takes. Thanks.

Is Micro PreTest a good option for questions?