Best Review Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigKurz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if we could start a directory of what everyone believes to be the best review books for each subject. I was thinking the format would be headings for each subject, and then every person who votes lists the book series they choose and puts their name after it. For repeats, just add your name to the list. Also, feel free to add any subjects I missed.

Anatomy

Physiology

Pathology

Immunology

Pharmacology

Cell Biology

Embryology

Neuro

Psychiatry

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if we could start a directory of what everyone believes to be the best review books for each subject. I was thinking the format would be headings for each subject, and then every person who votes lists the book series they choose and puts their name after it. For repeats, just add your name to the list. Also, feel free to add any subjects I missed.

Anatomy

Physiology

Pathology

Immunology

Pharmacology

Cell Biology

Embryology

Neuro

Psychiatry

Anatomy High Yield Physio BRS Path Rapid Review+Goljian audio Micro/Immuno Kaplan book Pharm FA cell bio high yield embryo FA Neuro HY Psych Kaplan

Anatomy

-too low yield

Physiology

-first aid

Pathology

-first aid

Immunology

-first aid

Pharmacology

-first aid
Cell Biology

-first aid

Embryology

-first aid

Neuro

-first aid

Psychiatry

-first aid

You actually left out microbiology(except for immuno), which is a fairly significant one. For that I would say........first aid.

Anatomy
FA (and maybe Moores blue boxes)

Physiology

BRS
Pathology
Rapid Review and "the audio"

Immunology
HY or the Immuno section of Langes review by Levinson

Pharmacology

FA only
Cell Biology

HY- the old edition...new one has way too much bs
Embryology

FA only
Neuro

HY (and maybe made redic simple for understanding)
Psychiatry
HY Behav Science

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have preferences of HY vs BRS for behavioral?

I hear that both are easy reads and beneficial. I'm going with BRS I think just so I get some more questions to practice with on this topic; that and I think it's a newer edition (which doesn't really matter for behavioral). You'll be fine with either one though from what everyone says (same author I believe). Some seem to prefer HY because it's an "even faster" read, but whatever.

would anyone recommend its safer to go through neruo made rid. simple and not go through HY neuro. which has more diagrams?

Anatomy
I loved Kaplan Anatomy/Neuroanatomy/Embryo- has a lot of path, MRI's, etc

Physiology
BRS

Pathology
RR Pathology and lectures

Immunology
Kaplan, HY Immuno was pretty quick and good

Pharmacology
Lange Pharmcards, FA, do not use RR Pharmacology

Cell Biology
HY