Best rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Internist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any one have an opinion about who is the best rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC. I am researching this procedure for my 20 year old daughter. She has a hump and a "droopy" tip. I have been told she will require a septal tip graft, hump reduction and osteotomies.This would be a primary rhinoplasty for her. Since there might be some ENT residents and Facial Plastic Surgery Fellows on this forum, I thought I would ask. I am looking for a doctors doctor. NYC would be most convenient, but I would travel anywhere for the best surgeon. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Best reputation as a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon with consistent aesthetic and natural results.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were to travel and look for the best ENT rhinoplasty guy, I'd go to Dean Toriumi in Chicago.

I've gone skiing with him in Colorado and attended several of his lectures. Not only a quality guy, an exceptional surgeon and by anyone's book one of the thought leaders in the world on rhinoplasty.

http://www.deantoriumi.com/

Sorry, don't know anyone personally in NYC and I can't feel comfortable giving names just because it's a "name."

I’ll probably get in some hot water with my ENT colleagues for saying this but relatively close to you is one of the best plastics guys around for rhinoplasty. Dr. Mark Constantian out of Nashua, NH is widely considered to be one of the best. I have no knowledge of his work but he’s well thought of. That said, a good FPRS surgeon could do the work that you describe. It doesn’t sound overly complex. Good luck

http://www.drconstantian.com/

If I were to travel and look for the best ENT rhinoplasty guy, I'd go to Dean Toriumi in Chicago.

I've gone skiing with him in Colorado and attended several of his lectures. Not only a quality guy, an exceptional surgeon and by anyone's book one of the thought leaders in the world on rhinoplasty.

http://www.deantoriumi.com/

Sorry, don't know anyone personally in NYC and I can't feel comfortable giving names just because it's a "name."

Agreed.

Toriumi is probably the most respected rhinoplasty surgeon right now in the US. I have never seen his work but just about everyone who does this procedure has read his books and articles.

If you really want to stay in NYC you could contact Toriumi and ask if one of his former fellows is practicing in the area.

Thanks for all your responses. I greatly appreciate your input. I have heard of Toriumi. Still waiting to hear about NYC rhinoplasty surgeons. Does anyone have a comment on Dr. Norman Pastorek in NYC? Also, does anyone have a comment on open vs. closed rhinoplasty especially when tip work is involved? Thanks again for your help.

Not to highjack the thread, but I just thought it would be interesting to ask another question in a similar vein. What are some of the strongest FPRS fellowship programs out there, in your guys' opinions?

Thanks for all your responses. I greatly appreciate your input. I have heard of Toriumi. Still waiting to hear about NYC rhinoplasty surgeons. Does anyone have a comment on Dr. Norman Pastorek in NYC? Also, does anyone have a comment on open vs. closed rhinoplasty especially when tip work is involved? Thanks again for your help.

You'll want a surgeon who can present all of the options (open and closed). If tip work is involved most surgeons will opt for an open approach. If you pursue Toriumi or any of his former fellows they will almost certainly recommend an open approach since Toriumi and Calvin Johnson literally wrote the book on it (Open Structure Rhinoplasty).

You'll want a surgeon who can present all of the options (open and closed). If tip work is involved most surgeons will opt for an open approach. If you pursue Toriumi or any of his former fellows they will almost certainly recommend an open approach since Toriumi and Calvin Johnson literally wrote the book on it (Open Structure Rhinoplasty).

I disagree a little bit. Toriumi started off as an open guy, then went closed for a while and will still do it at times, but he's migrated back to being an advocate for the open technique again. I think this shows a nice evolution of his practice. I also think that you can get a good surgeon who does the closed technique and is very comfortable and happy with his results.

Personally, I'm an open guy, but I'm no Toriumi.

I think that most people would go open in someone who needs tip work. I've done tip work through a closed approach, but I wasn't too happy about it.