Best schedule when studying for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NKaur92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning on taking the MCAT Aug 16. But haven't started studying yet.

I'm curious to know which study plan would work best for me:
Both are online princeton classes.

One course is:
From 06/04/2013 till 08/15/2013: Mon & Tue & Wed & Thu 2.5 HOURS each day

The other is:
07/08/2013 08/05/2013 Mon & Tue & Wed & Thu & Fri 5.0 Hours each day.

Should I self study for the entire month of June and be prepared for the course in July?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm planning on taking the MCAT Aug 16. But haven't started studying yet.

I'm curious to know which study plan would work best for me:
Both are online princeton classes.

One course is:
From 06/04/2013 till 08/15/2013: Mon & Tue & Wed & Thu 2.5 HOURS each day

The other is:
07/08/2013 08/05/2013 Mon & Tue & Wed & Thu & Fri 5.0 Hours each day.

Should I self study for the entire month of June and be prepared for the course in July?

Course = useless

I've heard this from pretty much everyone, I just don't know what's the best way to study for these 2.5 months.

I've heard this from pretty much everyone, I just don't know what's the best way to study for these 2.5 months.

Get money. Spend money on books. Study books. Kill MCAT.

Then when you're a doctor, you can use the money you earn to compensate for the MCAT books.

Its like glycolysis: you have to use ATP to make ATP.

Here is my 3 month plan that I have been using;

www.mcatforme.com
- provides free videos
- provides 3 month MCAT schedule
I went to this website purchased all the textbooks they suggested (Full sets of EK+EK1001+TPR) as well as TPRH verbal+ science workbook

www.***********.com
-I signed up for 3 months worth of all of Chad's MCAT videos

Purchase all the AAMC material.

Follow the 3 month study plan at an advanced pace (1.25 days per day), anywhere it says watch Bio Video 1,3-5 I watch the videos on mcatforme.com as well as the corresponding videos on www.***********.com. Any time it instructs me to "Read EK Lecture 4" I also read the corresponding TPR lecture or vice versa.

My weakest section BY FAR was physics/chemistry, I haven't taken a course in either in 8 years. I recently just took the EK Physics lecture 1 exam and was able to score a 12 which I was more than pleased with.