Best Schools For International Students To Apply To!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kema

Eureka!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings to all Pre-Dents what a wonderful field we are privileged to partake in! I had a quick question. I am planning on applying for this 2009 cycle I was wondering what are the best schools for international students to apply to? I am international however I completed undergrad at Howard University, my cum GPA was a 3.4 a science of 3.6 plus I plan on getting atleast an AA of 20 on DAT which I am taking this summer. Please any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Current school picks: Howard University, Tufts, U of Michigan, Meharry and Georgia State

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings to all Pre-Dents what a wonderful field we are privileged to partake in! I had a quick question. I am planning on applying for this 2009 cycle I was wondering what are the best schools for international students to apply to? I am international however I completed undergrad at Howard University, my cum GPA was a 3.4 a science of 3.6 plus I plan on getting atleast an AA of 20 on DAT which I am taking this summer. Please any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Current school picks: Howard University, Tufts, U of Michigan, Meharry and Georgia State

I do not know which schools are the best, but I have seen an international student getting into Case and NYU.

Add a few more private schools like NYU, Temple, USC etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks alot everybody. So Temple, NYU, Case, SCU, BU. Any more takers?:laugh: lol I am trying to create a list of about 15 then narrow it down to my strongest options. Thanks

Thanks alot everybody. So Temple, NYU, Case, SCU, BU. Any more takers?:laugh: lol I am trying to create a list of about 15 then narrow it down to my strongest options. Thanks

So Now I have: Howard, Meharry, Georgia State, Tufts, U of Michigan, Bu, Case, Nyu, Temple and SCU. I have 10 schools in total, anymore schools?

There are lots of international students at Creighton, but I think most of them went there for undergrad as well.

I believe USC is also international student friendly.

I talked to several international students during my interview at Columbia University (mostly Canadian). UOP and Creighton accept international students as well. If you want more info, you should check ADEA guide to dental school and predents.com. Your Gpa is good. Just do well on your DAT and you will have a shot. Good luck.

I thought Georgia only accepted in state applicants. Am I wrong?

Buffalo accepts quite some Canadians, and they also accepted me. So I guess they are pretty international friendly as well.

I thought Georgia only accepted in state applicants. Am I wrong?

I just went on their site and they stated that they only accept in state students so, thats gone from the list now. lol Thanks guys

There are lots of international students at Creighton, but I think most of them went there for undergrad as well.

Hey, where are these iternationals from? I am from Jamaica. Any islanders?

What about Puerto Rico? I think they accept a few out of territory students.

What about Puerto Rico? I think they accept a few out of territory students.

Puerto Rico? I never heard of anybody that went there but I love spanish and I am actually semi fluent and would probably enjoy the experience and advance my espanol simultaneously. Thanks I will look into that as well.:rolleyes:

Hey, where are these iternationals from? I am from Jamaica. Any islanders?

I am in the same boat as u r... I am an international student... and i m from India!

UOP is a good option too... also, they have a 3 year program (instead of a 4 year program)!

university of colorado has an international student program and I believe they might increase number of chairs for them