Best "secondary" Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukejen04

MS4
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We started second year a few weeks ago, and I'm really interested in doing a Qbank all the way through second year.

I'm considering "saving" UWorld for the last few months of dedicated studying and using something like USMLERX or Kaplan concurrently with my coursework.

Does anyone have thoughts on that? Which would be preferable between USMLERX/Kaplan? Or is it better to do UWorld several times?

I've also been using (and LOVING) the Robbins questions and realize how useful questions are for really learning the material, and it seems that multple Qbanks may be the key to a really high score.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

My personal opinion is that Kaplan has the better explanations--even better than UWorld. Kaplan has little 2-3 minute video explanations sometimes. Also, they tell you the page correlations for FA. So, I would probably prefer Kaplan to Rx for learning stuff for the 1st time.

That being said, Rx does have a greater quantity of questions--but thats about the only upside there. They do display FA content and it wouldn't be a bad way to go.

I used Kaplan along with my MS-2 stuff starting a few tests in--it really boosted my understanding, and also my grades were somewhat improved.

I used UWorld for mini-boards, and I'm using Rx now, along with NBME practice tests. I wish UWorld had more questions or I would still be using it.

We started second year a few weeks ago, and I'm really interested in doing a Qbank all the way through second year.

I'm considering "saving" UWorld for the last few months of dedicated studying and using something like USMLERX or Kaplan concurrently with my coursework.

Does anyone have thoughts on that? Which would be preferable between USMLERX/Kaplan? Or is it better to do UWorld several times?

I've also been using (and LOVING) the Robbins questions and realize how useful questions are for really learning the material, and it seems that multple Qbanks may be the key to a really high score.

Thanks!!
Yeah RX pluses display the FA page in the explanation which really got me through first aid. ALso theres a **** ton of questions. Other then that its crappy compared to World. No clue about kaplan.

Kaplan Qbank plus has over 4000Qs (vs the regular Qbank is 2000Qs).
It has all the FA pages there for reference - which helped me get through some of FA too. I thought it was a nice for "pre" Boards but not necessarily helpful for classes because they focus on different things. They also integrate with the iPhone for on-the-go questions, which I loved a ton. I didn't do the Rx though so no comment there.

Last edited:
Kaplan is a good secondary qbank I think. Explanations are good, questions are often silly. (either a pure "do you know this fact!" or they go wild with the jumps they want you to make, some normal questions as well)