Best sections in First Aid and Best Kaplan books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DotheDo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have read in a few places that some sections of First Aid are great and perfect for doing well on the boards and some sections need supplemental sources. Same goes for the kaplan books -- some books are great and some should be tossed ....can we have experienced test takers post their opinions as to what sections in first aid are great and all u need to do well and the same for the kaplan books....thanks

Members don't see this ad.

well im currently in the process of doing kaplan physio - imho, the book is good but the best part is the questions at the end of the sections....i havent started doing any of the other kaplan books yet but i have read on here that biochem and behavior are excellent....i will be doing biochem next and will let you know...i will not be doing kaplan path...i will be supplementing goljans notes with brs path and doing robbins questions....micro i prolly will do HY micro by Hawley with FA...and pharm i will either use my class notes along with FA

FA - i have also read on here that the best sections are micro, pharm and anatomy...people say that if you know micro and pharm cold from FA you should be fine for the step...anatomy is anyones ball game and FA is again enuff...