Best Source of Bio Practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Spent the entire day studying today - most of the time was taken by going through about 16+ bio passages... Seems like the TBR bio is not very similar to what was on the MCAT.

Anyone else agree? And what would you say is a better source of practice for bio? TBR seems solid for the other sections though I think.

Members don't see this ad.

I just studied EK instead of TBR for bio. TBR for everything else though, since TBR stuff is waaaay too in depth and nitpicky imo. There's a reason why SN2ed recommended skipping TBR bio!

I just studied EK instead of TBR for bio. TBR for everything else though, since TBR stuff is waaaay too in depth and nitpicky imo. There's a reason why SN2ed recommended skipping TBR bio!

Wait..you already took the MCAT? Or are you using EK Bio to study for one? I'm asking because if you have already taken the mcat, did you think that EK Bio content was sufficient enough to answer questions?

Members don't see this ad :)

I meant the TBR bio passages, not the content. Hmm, I'll take a look at the Kaplan section tests.

How would you rank the following for Bio discretes (i.e. for review of facts)?

TPRH SW
Kaplan Subject Tests
EK 1001

Would anyone agree with,

TPRH SW Bio discretes > EK 1001 Bio > Kaplan Subject Test Bio discretes

In terms of difficulty- TBR >>> MCAT > TPRH

But that doesn't mean you should abandon TBR. In fact, if you're looking to score high in the sciences, that extra level of difficulty is what you need IMO.

TPRH SW
Kaplan Subject Tests
EK 1001

Only very limited experience with Kaplan Subject tests but TPRH SW is miles better than EK 1001 Bio.

EK1001 Bio is actually pretty terrible. The other EK1001s are decent but depends what you are using them for. They're more useful for straight up drilling on a concept you have difficulty in (not great for review).

TPRH is the best one if you want representative practice. TBR will train you better, however. TPR ICC is ridiculous in some passages, especially genetics.