best source to study preventive medicine from ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oraiby

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just took an NBME form 4 and i found that there are preventive medicine related questions that are not covered in the U WORLD and these facts were heavily tested ,so any recommended book or reference to look these up ?
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

there's a neat iPad app that lists all of the preventative medicine tests you can order based on age, gender, tobacco use, sexual historym etc..

it's free.

it's called the AHRQ ePSS

Check it out.

Just don't sweat preventative medicine all that much. It's not a major player on these tests.

As long as you know colonoscopies initial screening (the follow up intervals depending on the findings is more for IM residency to know), mammography, Pap smear, indications for the Pneumoccoccal and influenza vaccines, you should be good for most questions you'll run into.

there's a neat iPad app that lists all of the preventative medicine tests you can order based on age, gender, tobacco use, sexual historym etc..

it's free.

it's called the AHRQ ePSS

Check it out.

Just don't sweat preventative medicine all that much. It's not a major player on these tests.

As long as you know colonoscopies initial screening (the follow up intervals depending on the findings is more for IM residency to know), mammography, Pap smear, indications for the Pneumoccoccal and influenza vaccines, you should be good for most questions you'll run into.

thank u very much for the reply , your advice is highly appreceated ( now downloading the App ) :thumbup:

my issue is that i solved one of the assessments
and got 13 mistakes at that time , 5 of them were preventive medicine related questions :mad:
but now cancelled my exam for personal issues , may be will spend sometime on this App
thanks again