best standalone books for CARS + Psych/Soc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pioneer22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am beginning MCAT prep and have a Berkeley Review set for Bio/Chem/Ochem/Physics and was wondering what you all think are the best standalone books for CARS + Psych/Soc?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am beginning MCAT prep and have a Berkeley Review set for Bio/Chem/Ochem/Physics and was wondering what you all think are the best standalone books for CARS + Psych/Soc?

Thanks!
EK 101 Cars for practice. Their strategy is in the reasoning skills book though. Either Kaplan or TPR psychology should be fine. TPR tends to be more detailed so if you need more in depth review I would go with that.

Reactions: 1 user
I personally liked TPR for P/S. Definitely get the 300-page KA document. For CARS, there is no best IMHO. I have literally done them all and nothing beats AAMC. If you have TPR, EK 101, or NS 108, you'll have plenty to practice. I would not recommend any of their strategies and if you get hung up on one of their explanations, move on. But they are for doing practice.

For CARS, just use some free third party resources, like JW or KA, to practice timing. As said above, AAMC CARS QPacks are the best resources. For P/S, just watch KA videos and take your own notes. If you prefer a hard copy, buy Kaplan P/S review; they’re very thorough and prepare you well.