Best step 1 prep for IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fornix*

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have 8 months to prepare thoroughly. I plan on taking the exam October this year.
I would like to get the maximum score that I can.

What is the best set of prep tools to use?
Is a live course better than an online one? Is Kaplan the most recommended?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

i would prob purchase the becker audio lectures since you have so much time. what you need to focus on is a very strong base.

Lecturio has online video lectures which would be worth a try. You could also watch some of the free Lecturio videos before actually subscribing to them.
And then, you have your basic musts: First Aid and Uworld but i guess you will start with UWorld full power near to August.
Try out couple of different stuff for a bit and see what works for you.

Hi guys,

I have 8 months to prepare thoroughly. I plan on taking the exam October this year.
I would like to get the maximum score that I can.

What is the best set of prep tools to use?
Is a live course better than an online one? Is Kaplan the most recommended?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Would recommend you just scan the scores threads, look at what everyone has been doing, and come to your own assessment. People will tell you a million different things. At the core though, get as many questions done as you can and memorize FA.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lecturio has online video lectures which would be worth a try. You could also watch some of the free Lecturio videos before actually subscribing to them.
And then, you have your basic musts: First Aid and Uworld but i guess you will start with UWorld full power near to August.
Try out couple of different stuff for a bit and see what works for you.

I used these and am still using them! I feel super comfortable and happy with them. Highly recommended.