Best Step 3 prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGrog

Surgical Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be taking USMLE Step 3 soon and I am wondering what prep books are the best? Try to keep in mind that my finances are rather tight right now.

Opinions? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
just go and take it. it's not that hard. the highest yield thing is to download the software and try it out so the format doesn't throw you the day of the test. i've heard of people failing because they didn't know how to interact with the clinical vignette portion.

Crush USMLE Step III and the software that comes with the registration. You actually don't need much for a P on this test. I took ABSITE the last Saturday in January of my PGY-1 year and Step III the week of President's day in February with some Step III study over the weekends in between. As WS said, there is little surgery on this exam (appendicitis and gall bladder disease) and mostly primary care medicine which Crush USMLE Step III can get you up to speed on. You definitely need to know how to use the software. It's not intuitive so spend some time with it.

Crush USMLE Step III and the software that comes with the registration. You actually don't need much for a P on this test. I took ABSITE the last Saturday in January of my PGY-1 year and Step III the week of President's day in February with some Step III study over the weekends in between. As WS said, there is little surgery on this exam (appendicitis and gall bladder disease) and mostly primary care medicine which Crush USMLE Step III can get you up to speed on. You definitely need to know how to use the software. It's not intuitive so spend some time with it.

Well said. I took it towards the end of my intern year (surgical) and used crush and the CD-ROM which came with the registration. That was more than plently. It's really quite straight forward.