Best strategy for bumping BS score a few more points?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One week left. Comfortable with the other sections, so I'm trying to focus on bumping up the BS score. Should I spend the week focusing on going through the EK review book or just doing as many practice problems as I can?

Members don't see this ad.

That depends on how solid your foundation is. If you can get all of the discretes and knowledge based answers, then do practice passages to get used to that type of reasoning. If you get the passage based stuff but lose points on the discretes and other knowledge based stuff, focus on materials.

I agree with what was said but also, are you keeping track of what exactly you ARE missing? It could be that you're not as familiar as you think with certain topics; genetics, evolution, etc. Take some time and look at the type of questions you miss in bio and focus more on that.

For me, I've been missing questions on genetics, evolution and some organic reactions involving carboxylic acids. So today will be devoted to these topics; spending time reviewing the material and making sure I can answer questions thrown at me from any angle. The rest of the week will be back to tests.

It all comes down to what you're missing and where.