Best study books for Physics? princeton or berkeley?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSkool4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got some books from friends that took courses in these respective companies. which one did ppl find more helpful? princeton has a big book of physic and a separate book for problems to do while berkeley seems to integrate problems as u go along. i'm not great at physics and wanted to know a the best one to study. thx a lot

Members don't see this ad.

For throrough preparation, Berkeley Review. The PR physical sciences problem workbook is way too easy. It doesn't test your analytical skills like Berkeley Review.

TPR physics is more than enough. Two of my friends who both used the TPR book got 14s on sciences. One of them then went ahead and got a 13 on V, that little bitch ended up getting a 41, the other one got a 9 in verbal and ended up with a 37;

Members don't see this ad :)
Have Nova on order from Crapters here in Canada. Right now I am using EK, but I found one of the best things for me was just to get a good physics text from the library along with an AAMC syllabus to make sure I didn't unnecessary stuff.

TPR physics is more than enough. Two of my friends who both used the TPR book got 14s on sciences. One of them then went ahead and got a 13 on V, that little bitch ended up getting a 41, the other one got a 9 in verbal and ended up with a 37;

I don't know anything about TPR materials, but Nova ain't all that. I started reading Nova a while ago (I took Physics back in 1993-1995, so I didn't remember any of it) and after the first chapter I didn't like it already. I took Berkeley Review course and I just finished doing Berkeley Review Physics passages, and Berkeley Review is WAY better in my opinion. The questions are in passage format and they really test your understanding of Physics concepts.

ps: I have also read EK self-study manuals and they are pretty good.